Wednesday, June 28, 2023

June 28 Normandy Wednesday





 I am writing this on Thursday because last night I got into bed and suddenly remembered I hadn’t done the blog!

Today was our visit to the World War II sites in Normandy. I had been here before with Roger, but we did not have a personal local guide and this time we did. He was excellent.

 He took us to the German cemetery and at first I was resistant to honoring them. But then I remembered how Vietnam war veterans were treated, and the war was not their fault, and I was able to objectively look at the cemetery and hear the commentary. Next we went to Omaha and Utah beaches, including a museum and a short film, which was very informative. we completed our day with a visit to the American cemetery. I have to leave now, so I will add pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment