Thursday, October 16, 2014

Oct 16. La France day 1

Bonjour from Paris!
I arrived yesterday after a not-as-bad-as-I- expected flight!  The cheap seat section 😊 was 1/3 full so I got 2 seats separate from anyone else. And I didn't even get sick!
My hotel room is perfect & is actually one shown in their website.  I feel very comfortable --- with the lovely hotel & the neighborhood.
Visited Notre Dame ---across the street 😊 and walked around Isle St Louis & Latin Quarter. For dinner I had raclette  & a Stella!  Quel surprise!
At each turn I recall my past trips here with Roger, Jackie, Michelle, Joan & Jolene & high school classmates.  Beaucoup de souvenirs/ memories.
I managed to sleep 10 hours last night and am amazed at how easy the adjustment is this time.(I guess 10 hours of sleep helps. )  Today I Decided to visit Musee d'Orsay again cuz I just love the impressionists.
Tomorrow morning I'll take the train 3.5 hours to Montpellier and Joni's.  Le voyage commence!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment