Saturday, October 18, 2014

Day 4 ( ish)

It's just after midnight Sat ( really Sunday). I didn't think it would be this hard to write updates but I've had precious little time with wi fi. I arrived in Montpellier yesterday afternoon and it's been a whirlwind since then. Joni & Tom have a wonderful apartment & because they've come here 7 times before, they know the region & people. So last night we went out w an Irish couple they're friends with. Very fun & entertaining. Today we began by going to the local marche ( farmer's market). Then we went in a 3 hour walking city tour which was wonderful. The city has a 1000 year history & architecture. Most interesting. Then after a dinner of crepes, we met some French friends for a movie--- Ben Affleck's Gone Girl in English, followed by drinks. Both nights we didn't get home till after 11:00. So I've just not been able to write here!  I'd thought the train yesterday for 3 hours might have wi fi but it didn't so I wasn't  able to research & write as I'd hoped.
Joni & Tom are perfect hosts & I could not feel more welcomed. I'm still not certain when I'll leave here-- Tues or Wed-- nor where I'll go next but I'm narrowing the choices & am not stressed about not knowing. It's all unfolding beautifully.
I hope to be able to write more tomorrow but no guarantees.😊. It's a wonderful trip!  Very glad I came!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment