Monday, July 15, 2024

July 15,2024 Montreal

 I’m happily settled in a nice Marriott affiliated hotel. I had my morning facial at the spa in the hotel. Very relaxing. Then I went for a stroll. We are very close to Old Town ( Vieux-Port) with quiet old pedestrian streets, and lots of tourists, shops, and eateries. I found a restaurant recommended by our tour group and had a crepe for lunch then walked around the town. It is very international with languages and peoples from everywhere. Very busy time of year. And unfortunately, much hotter than I was expecting. I think it was up to 87 with high humidity so as far as escaping the heat, I did not really succeed at that!

The hotel says, I need to change rooms tomorrow because the Road Scholar group contracts for a certain type of accommodation.😩. Merde. I was hoping to stay in the same room for five days.

Merle arrived late afternoon.  The last time we were together was in Spain in February! We strolled in to old town and landed at a nice restaurant where we had crabcakes,  salad and beer for dinner. Parfait!  

We have the morning to ourselves tomorrow and will contemplate what to do over breakfast. Then we have afternoon massage appointments and meeting with our tour group around 5 PM.

As far as French goes, I find people can understand me, and I understand them! But when I eavesdrop in another conversation, the locals speak so fast and with a different accent, it’s difficult. For me, most conversations includes some French and some English.

We are often running!  On commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment