Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April 18 --if it's Tuesday it must be Belgium

So....the way this trip is set up you only get a very limited bit of time in cities so it's reinforced my hunch that this way to travel isn't my favorite.

We docked at Antwerp. Morning excursion was a walking tour in Antwerp and afternoon we drove to Brussels.  It was Really cold again in the morning.

After lunch Merle left the group to spend time with an old family's friend who lives near here.  The bus first stopped so we could snap pix of the Atominium--- huge atom structure from the worlds fair in 1958. Impressive.

Since today was the only time we visited a French speaking city, I decided to go on my own so I could interact with the locals.  While the time here was very short, I did get a very positive feeling for this city--- it felt a lot like France.

I went to a museum very briefly then wanted to walk a bit in the city, to end up at the group meeting place-- the Grande Place.
I had to have a Stella Artois on tap-- my favorite beer that's from here.  Yummy.
Just had a short walk around.

This was " If it's Tuesday it must be Belgium...."
Next trip I'll stay on land.

No comments:

Post a Comment