Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Getting ready for France

I leave Monday!  Here's my itinerary.  

Jane’s Itinerary October 2016

1.I leave SFO Oct 3 and arrive in Bordeaux Oct 4.  I’ll be alone in Bordeaux until the tour begins there Oct 7.
Best Western Bordeaux  “Bayonne Etche-Ona” 

2.  Oct 11-13—city of Sarlat
Best Western Le Renoir
Website: www.hotel-renoir-sarlat.com


3.  Oct 13-15 city of  Rocamadour
Best Western Hotel   Beau Site Notre Dame
Cite Medievale
Website:www.bestwestern-beausite.com/hotel-en.php

4.  Oct 16-19  ---City of Toulouse
Best Western Les Capitouls
29 Allee Jean Jaures
Website: hotel-capitouls.com/en/

Road Scholar Tour ends Wed Oct 19 in the morning.
The remaining days, (Oct 19-22) I am on my own.  Will meet up with Joni & her husband and we will stay in Toulouse but take side trips.


Oct 22 I fly to Paris and spend the night.  My return flight leaves the morning of Oct 23.

I'm flying Business class for the first time, and after looking at the airline's description and pictures of it, I am really jazzed!

Two of the main themes of this tour will be the prehistoric cave paintings, the history of the region and, of course, the wines and foods of Bordeaux!  I'm reading a most interesting book: The Cave Painters: Probing the Mysteries of the World's First Artists.    Can't wait!  

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment