Friday, September 2, 2016

Sept 2 Opening Day of festival

Today began with rain that I thought might ruin the Patrons' Brunch which is outdoors but magically by the time we all arrived at the gorgeous mountaintop venue the rain stopped!  Being alone, I met some nice folks on the shuttle ride & at the brunch, but alas didn't se the actors I thought would be there😥  That's ok... We will see folks along the way. Someone said Hugh Jackman is here and I adore him so I hope to see him sometime.

Patrons got to see the first film alone: La La Land. A delightful musical with Emma Stone & Ryan Gosling. They were super!  She was there to greet the audience before the screening.

This evening I went to the tribute to Casey Affleck.  They showed clips of his films, awarded him with a medallion, interviewed him, then we saw his new film: Manchester by the Sea.  He was superb!  It was quite a tear jerker, but very worthwhile to see. Powerful!

So the first day was no disappointment!  I hope to see 4 tomorrow. 😊
It's late, so Goodnight,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment