Monday, March 14, 2016

Last day in NYC March 14

It has been a whirlwind trip!  Unwilling to pay the $20 ish a day for Internet, I didn't write daily as I had hoped. Oh well...

Dianne arrived Friday night in time for everyone's favorite show ( as expected): " Something Rotten" --- the spoof of Shakespeare. Only disappointment was that Brian D'Arcy James had a stand in ( who was fine, but not him).  As expected Christian Borle was ---Wow!
It was wonderful to have Dianne join us-- then on Sat, Anita's friend Stephanie joined us so we were a foursome.

Here are my shows ranked from favorite down:  🎭
1. ( tie) Something Rotten and On Your Feet🏆
2. Eclipsed
3. Bright Star. --- the one by Steve Matrin et al. A most un traditional musical, imaginative staging and engaging story. Almost seemed like a drama with music. I imagine either people will love it or not appreciate it at all...
4.   Noises Off  ( a backstage farce-- 2nd act became hysterical -- bringing back my own theatre experiences)
5. She Loves Me
6. Disaster ( felt a bit like a college review or follies but w professional actors)
7.  Hughie

Not in my usual style, I do want to make note of places we ate where I really really liked the food: ( all near hotel )
Qi Thai
Blue Fin-- the manager chatted a long time about B'way shows & was quite interested in  ( & impressed about) our 8 shows!  He's friends w Seth Rudetsky & said he'd pass along my thanks about when he informed me(albeit on the Serius XM show!) that Audra McDonald would be doing Porgy & Bess at ART-- which got me to go there.
Carnegie Deli
Scarletto ( fabulous pre theatre dinner -- had the best salmon)
The new Trattoria at Macy's -- I had to-die-for Brussels sprouts

Staying at Marriott Marquis was Perfect and I'm thrilled I was there!   Will do that again.


Overall-- a fabulous trip, tho 8 was quite a lot. Made good choices all around.
Now: do you know the way to San Jose....🎼

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment