Sunday, October 25, 2015

Roma -- day 1 of Road Scholar tour Oct 25

I keep thinking about our walking food tour yesterday & what a wonderful day it was.... Very special. The guides will send us pix & a list of where we visited.

Joni flew back to France today & I had the morning free so I slept in late -- and today they moved clocks back an hour in Europe. Luckily I researched to see if I could get a massage nearby & found a Thai massage spa 2 blocks away & they were open so I got a 45 min massage!  Ahhh...Perfect!  I plan to go back there Tuesday when we have free time from the group.

The Road Scholar group ( I'll say "RS" from here on) arrived today so I began to meet some of the 28      participants. Not surprisingly the teachers in the group were like magnets & found each other!  We all had lunch & dinner together as well as got an overview of the trip.  The 3 teachers I sat with at dinner were absolutely fascinating gals.  Wonderful stories to tell. I expect I will make good friends. :-). I'm impressed with the 2 group Italian leaders who will be with us the whole time. Additionally we will have local experts join us for lectures & tours of specific sites in each city. Bravo!

I'm delighted with everything so far and am very happy I'm not jet lagged like they are!
Weather has been excellent. Tomorrow : the Forum and colosseum tour, and a lecture on the Vatican treasures in advance of our visit the next day.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment