Monday, September 4, 2023

Labor Day Sept 4 Telluride last day


 I’m always surprised when it’s suddenly the last day of the festival,  Although having an extra day, this year was nice. I didn’t feel compelled to see four films in a day because I had an extra day to see more.

Our morning started with a tribute to Alice Rohrwacher, an Italian screenwriter, and Director, who brought her film “. La Chimera.”  I was not at all familiar with her and the clips of her films they showed were not very impressive to me. Perhaps that set the tone for me but I was not enamored with her film either. I guess it spoke to some people, but not to me. Not recommended. 

Next was “ Fingernails” — about a  dating service, where  compatibility of potential couples is measured “scientifically.”  It stars, Riz Ahmed and Jessie Buckley.  Funny, romantic, good entertainment. 

Finally was “teacher’s Lounge”  a German movie about a theft issue at an elementary school class  leading to the entire student body yielding to be gossip, innuendo, and lies.  It was a bit of a teacher’s worst nightmare, but a good movie.  I recommend it but it’s not a “ must see.”



So that concluded my marathon of movie watching. I don’t want to try to rank the films I saw, but I will put them in categories, and as a teacher I’ll use a grading system.  We all agree that this was an outstanding year! 

  All of my A list movies are Oscar worthy  in one category or another.  I saw15 total but I could’ve seen more if I went without  some sleep.

A LIST:

NYAD;  Rustin;   Fingernails ;  PoorThings;  Anatomy of a Fall;  Daddio; Holdovers; Tuesday

B LIST:

The Pigeon Tunnel; Wildcat; Occupied City, Teacher’s Lounge

Skip the rest  

Au revoir Telluride! 







No comments:

Post a Comment