Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Labor Day

 This  is our last day! Our first morning show was the new Will Smith film called “King Richard”. He plays Richard, the father of Venus and Serena Williams. He tells the story of their childhood and his particular style of parenting to get them ready for a most amazing career. His portrayal is outstanding and I am sure will get lots of award nominations. It was a lovely story.  I’m sure it will get wide release.

I decided I wanted to get a final Covid test so that I could go home feeling safe after spending six days in close quarters with a lot of people! The rapid test showed I was negative. So that’s a good feeling. This festival did it right and kept us all safe.

Because I had to wait in line a long time for the test, I missed the opportunity to see one movie. 

So the second one that I saw  today was at the end of the day. It is called “Torn”. It was a documentary about a world renowned mountain climber who in the 1990s was killed in the Himalayas by an avalanche. 20 years later his family in the US went to Tibet to retrieve his body which had been buried in snow. We were expecting a movie mostly about the rescue but in reality it was about the people and the relationships and the long-term effects on the family. It was really an interesting story, and we all enjoyed it a great deal. I believe it will be on National Geographic at some point. 

So the festival is over  😢  We had a wonderful time and we learned that we can be safe during the pandemic if the rules are strict and are followed.

16 movies in total!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment