Sunday, July 9, 2017

Ashland July 2017 Oregon Shakespeare Festival

My sister & I drove to Ashland from Lincoln where we saw 5 shows in 3 days:

Beauty & the Beast
I'd never seen it before-- live or film --so finally the whole beastiality thing makes sense to me.  ðŸ˜‰Lively, imaginative, and entertaining.

Shakespeare in Love
Adaptated from the film. Such a good idea to do that at this festival cuz the audience got all the allusions to Shakespeare. I especially liked this one.

Merry Wives of Windsor
A clever version complete with a sound track of 80 s music!  Very entertaining!

UniSon
Inspired by the poetry of August Wilson... It's a world premiere by 3 OSF company members. Unusual, creative & thought- provoking. I'd like to read it or the source material to get more out of it.  I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.

The Odyssey.
Well, as you might expect:  Long!!  This one seemed to be the most traditionally staged.
I'd appreciated the shows with modern or unusual spins

As always, the actors, effects & staging were top notch!

We met up with cousin Jan & her daughter, Megan. This is the second year we have gone at the same time, though the three of them go annually.

The food, hotel ( Bard's Inn)and company were all terrific!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment