Monday, September 2, 2013

Sunday Sept 1, 2013

It appears that the front runners for the best movies this year at Telluride are Nebraska, 12 years as a Slave and the one we saw first thing this morning: Tracks. It told a real story of a young woman known as " the camel lady" because in the 1970' s she traveled 1700 miles across the Australian desert alone with her  camels. I had no idea I'd enjoy this so much. Following  it there was an interview that included the lead actress (Mia Wasikowska-- who did Alice in Wonderland) and the actual woman 30+ years later.
I got pix of them.

Next we went to the Lunchbox--- a charming story set in Mumbai. I liked it very much.

We then went to The Past--- by the same filmmaker who did the Separation which won Academy award for best foreign film 2 yrs ago. It was very  well done and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
We ended the day by seeing Gravity--- Sandra Bullock & George  Clooney.  It will be in theaters soon. I thought the cinematography was special & very clever but the movie was so- so.

I'm very tired & didn't give many details here but later, I'll be happy to give you better impressions of any that interest you.

I did see the actress who did the movie Gloria & told her how much I liked her performance. She won best actress at Berlin ( Paulina Garcia).

No comments:

Post a Comment