Friday, August 30, 2019

Telluride day1 Aug 29,2019

Opening day

I was surprised when I counted how many years I’ve been coming to Telluride to discover it’s 17 years!  Wow!

I saw my former student who has the Patron pass (expensive) and she sent me pix of 3 actors she saw at the Patron brunch. Fun!

This afternoon we went to a marathon documentary about the history of women filmmakers— over 4 hours long!  It was like a short a “course” in how women directors over the years have used film techniques like setting the tone, cameras angles, etc.  I’m sure no one will see this one later ...beyond film schools!

This evening was our first feature film: “Waves.”  It’s starring Sterling K. Brown  ( from “This is us”) as a father pushing too hard to ensure his family excels in everything. When his son is pushed too far, things unravel. A really moving & realistic drama. We all were impressed.

There was another late film tonight but 3 of us felt we needed to get some sleep...and it looked like it would be a really heavy film.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment