Tuesday, September 5, 2017

My rankings Telluride 2017

I'm on the flight home & have time to reflect on the festival overall. Sometimes friends ask me what I'd recommend, and that's really hard to do, because not everyone has the same taste in films.  I'll try to tell why I rate a movie a certain way, so that might make it easier for someone to decide if they'd like it too.

My Very favorite:

Darkest Hour.       absolutely everything about this one is great!  Academy Award time
Wonderstruck        A joy; transports you; wonder full!
Wormwood           A great mystery to untangle; will be on Netflix

Super Liked:

Shape of Water.      Wild ride; imaginative
Lady Bird.   .          Like Juno;  fun!
Film Stars... Liverpool       Super acting; based on real story
Loving Vincent.       Visually stunning; interesting story
Battle of Sexes.       Great Fun!


Recommend:
Hostiles            Christian Bales
Lean on Pete.   Very touching; excellent young actor
Cotton Club.     Great cast!  Great dancing!  Gregory Hines!

Do not recommend:

First reformed
Other side of hope

( sorry I'm not underlining  titles-- hard to do on IPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment